When To Replace Your Old Garage Door in Charlotte, NC
Does your garage door need to be replaced? Today’s garage doors are built to last for decades, but if you have an older door, this might not be the case. Garage doors face constant exposure to the elements, and they can also get worn down after years of use.
It might be time for a replacement if you notice that your garage door:
- Sounds unusually noisy. If you hear crunching, grinding or banging sounds when your garage door is opening or closing, you may want to replace it.
- Looks outdated. Even if your door is still working properly, you might want to get a new one if it’s looking shabby or outdated.
- Functions poorly. Is your garage door opening and closing particularly slow? Have you noticed that it hangs crookedly or doesn’t close all the way? These signs could indicate that it’s time for a new door.
If you’re looking into replacing your garage door in Charlotte, NC, or the surrounding areas, look no further than Garage Doors and More. We’re a local, family-owned company that you can rely on.
How Much Does It Cost to Replace a Garage Door?
Your garage door replacement cost will vary depending on the package you choose, including all materials, labor and disposal. The brand, model and available accessories are usually the primary considerations in determining the price.
Some items that factor into the cost of a garage door replacement include:
- Fees and supplies: In addition to the door’s cost, other fees may involve new hardware and the cost to remove and dispose of your existing door.
- Locks: Adding a lock to your new door can bring an extra level of security, but some companies might charge extra.
- Labor: Labor can vary based on your property and type of door. Resizing a frame can also affect the labor fees.
- Openers: If it’s been a while since your last garage door replacement, your garage door opener may be outdated. New technology allows you to operate most openers from the convenience of your mobile device.
- Insulation: Many property owners may opt for an insulated or hurricane-rated door to suit the geographic location.
Choose a reliable, trustworthy professional for sales and installation. A reputable dealer will include all necessary costs upfront in your initial quote. At Garage Door and More, our mission is to offer you the best products and services at competitive prices. Our long list of satisfied customers gives testament to the levels of the service we provide.
How Often Should You Replace Your Garage Door?
Based on the door’s brand and model and whether you give it the proper care, some doors can last as long as several decades. If you clean your door regularly and follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for preventive maintenance, your door can last much longer than the usual lifespan. Trusting a professional dealer to perform annual service visits can also go a long way in extending your door’s life.
Other factors that can determine your door’s life expectancy include:
- Construction and design: Some doors have better structural attributes than others. A door’s structure is one of the most critical factors when calculating its life span. At Garage Door and More, our collection of Clopay® doors provides some of the most rugged and durable designs on the market, many of which feature multilayer construction.
- Service frequencies: Following the recommendations of your dealer and scheduling annual service visits can add many years to your garage door’s life.
- Geographic location: Excessive moisture can harm wood doors, while wind and extreme temperatures can cause wear or warping. Adding insulation or selecting a door with several structural layers can help in variable climates.
Benefits of Replacing Your Garage Door
If your garage door is due for a replacement, you’d be better off doing it sooner rather than later. Replacing your garage door can have a variety of benefits, such as:
- Increased energy efficiency. Modern garage doors are insulated to maximize the efficiency of your home. A new door can reduce your household’s energy usage, lowering your carbon footprint and saving you money on energy costs in the long term.
- Lower maintenance needs. If you’ve noticed that your garage door needs more maintenance than usual, that’s a good sign that it’s time for a replacement. A new door will require less attention — you’ll still need to perform some preventive maintenance, but you’ll save a great deal when it comes to repairs.
- Improved security. Many older garage door models don’t have the security features that you see on doors today. When you replace an old garage door with a newer one, you gain peace of mind knowing that your family and property are safe.
- Enhanced curb appeal. Your garage door makes up a significant part of the exterior of your home. An attractive new door can increase the value of your property for prospective buyers — and in the meantime, it will give you the satisfaction of living in a beautiful home.
Schedule Garage Door Replacement Services in Charlotte, NC
There are a lot of reasons you might choose to replace your old garage door. Whether you want a new door for aesthetic reasons or safety purposes, the team at Garage Door and More can help. We offer garage door replacement and repairs throughout Charlotte and the surrounding areas.
We’ll help you choose a garage door that complements the exterior of your home, install it and haul your old door away. Contact us to get a free quote for our services or schedule your garage door replacement today.